Thursday, March 27, 2014

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - First Trailer



Check out the first trailer for the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles movie!



Those turtles sure came out ugly, but their sense of humor appears intact, which is a good thing. They definitely look much larger than previous incarnations, and the way they dress seems to show off their personalities better. For example, Leonardo looks more like a samurai with makeshift armor. We get a very good look at Leo and Mike in the trailer, but we know what the other turtles look like thanks to their action figures.



Raph definitely looks bigger and angrier than the rest, while Don looks slim and more "techy." As big as Mike and Leo looked in the trailer, how much bigger will Raph look? Makes me wonder if their enemies will be even bigger.

This brings up the Foot Clan, whose members appears to be wearing shiny silver masks over their hoods. Their leader is presumably the Shredder, who is played by William Fichtner. I really like Fichtner as an actor, but I'm not sure I buy him as the Shredder. I hope he can make me eat my doubtful words when the film releases.

If you pay close attention the trailer, you will have noticed the infamous "TCRI" canister of ooze. I'm looking forward to see what direction they go with origin of the ooze. Will it be alien, or just created by the Shredder?

Delving deeper into the story, it seems that the Shredder and April O'Neil's father are responsible for the creation of the turtles, which connects April to the turtles' origins. I guess there's no room for serendipity in films nowadays.

I need to see more before I decide to spend some money on this film, but not bad for a first trailer. The short bits of action looked like fun, and I'm intrigued to see where they go with the mythology. I definitely want to see more.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles will be released in theaters later this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment