Monday, July 25, 2011

New Movie Trailers!

Now I know these are not exactly "new" in the sense of time on the Internet, but if you aren't constantly keeping up to date with movies the way I am, then perhaps you have yet to see these trailers. Besides, watching these trailers isn't enough when you don't know what I think about them yet. :-P


This is the film I am most looking forward to next year. Bane can most assuredly be used better in The Dark Knight Rises than he was in Batman and Robin by Joel Schumacher.

Let's try to forget this version of Bane.

But I know what everyone is thinking. What are we supposed to watch in the year leading into TDKR? How about this?


Based on the Frank Miller graphic novel of the same name, Batman: Year One promises to deliver quality like the WB animated features have in the past. And so far, the trailer seems to show that the film is on the right track.

If you have never seen any of the straight-to-DVD/BD animated DC features, you're doing yourself a disservice. They have a very good track record. Batman: Under the Red Hood, and Green Lantern: First Flight come to mind as standouts. In fact, First Flight was more critically revered than the live action version of GL. Highly recommended films and I recommend you check out Year One when it releases this September.

But now onto something else.....


I was almost certain I wouldn't like anything new they'd do with Spider-Man. Primarily because I was upset that we couldn't see Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 4 (I think he's a great director and gets what needs to be done to redeem the franchise), but this trailer has won me over. It does look like a darker film and it will retell the origin story, but I like the idea of starting over with a somewhat different feel. I also like the inclusion of Peter Parker's original love interest from the comics, Gwen Stacy (Emma Stone). I'm going to be cautiously optimistic with this one but it does look good so far.

The next trailer is for a TV show, but I feel it needs recognition for being tied to my childhood.


I think it looks awesome. Looks like they expanded on the original story so that it has a feeling of being fresh and new while retaining what everyone loved from the old show. Look for the new ThunderCats to premier this Friday, July 29th on Cartoon Network.

There is another trailer that caught my attention recently, but for all the wrong reasons.....


I'm sorry you had to endure that but better you know now about this atrocity, lest you take a date to this film unassuming of the horrors that await you. And for those of you that enjoyed that trailer, and maybe even look forward to seeing this movie, well you cannot be my friend. Nor are you allowed to read my website any longer. Good day. :-P

Well those are just some of the films I'm excited about. Let me know what recent trailers you enjoyed. What films will you be excited to watch this year or next?

No comments:

Post a Comment